The Tournament Manger is responsible for the tournament strategy, tournament organisers (TO) relationships and execution of tournaments for Dynasty across the partner markets. This person will establish partnerships with key TO’s across the different territories. They will work with the local country heads and partners to define the tournament strategies on a local level, working closely with the publishers on the tournament plans. They will also work closely with the content and advertising managers and will be responsible for creating compelling competitions with prizes and prize money.
The objective is to have the Dynasty platforms, with relevant tournaments, driving customer engagement, sponsorship and media revenues, and content including broadcasting.
The role will work closely with the local marketing and account teams in each of the markets: initially Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia, India, and North America.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establishes the tournament strategy with the local country managers and the local partners.
• Identify and develop relationships with the TO’s in each of the local markets. Work with the local country managers to shift local tournaments to the Dynasty platform in the market.
• Develop commercial models with the local markets to encourage TO’s to bring tournaments to the Dynasty Platform.
• Works with internal sources to maintain accurate market and market segment profiles to drive decision-making. This research will drive understanding of customer's attributes including: behavioural, attitudinal & demographic towards the tournament strategy.
• This person will translate publisher relationships into a defined tournament roadmap match the needs of the local countries. They will work closely with the technology teams to ensure delivery of the technology related publisher initiatives.
• Works with the local teams and advertising partners to create compelling prize pools for tournaments.
• They will understand the communications strategy and best way to develop campaigns to target the different game segments. They will be able to track the impact of the campaigns.
• Collaborate with country managers in the creation and development of tournament and their campaigns; serves as a primary content and subject resource for thought leadership on tournament creation, running and the relevant ecosystem around them.
• Works with local and international advertising and media companies to develop commercial relationships which bring:
o Tournament Sponsorships
o Broadcast Partners
o Advertising Revenues
o Number of TO partnerships
o Tournaments Run
o Tournament revenues
o Prize pool value
o Video views for tournaments
o Campaign success rates
o Game promotions and tournaments
o Sponsorship and advertising revenue
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
• Worked in marketing or commercial role for several years.
• Worked in the game and media industry.
• Experience in digital companies, working on web and app-based solution.
• Passionate about gaming and media.
• Loves technology and excited about the impact of emerging / disruptive technologies.
• Self-starter and worked in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds.
• Believes in culture of transparency and trust.
• Can move from strategy to implementation.
• Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset.
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.